Identifying birds of prey is easier than ever!
With this book, watching raptors is more enjoyable, informative and productive.
- Only Northeast birds of prey – all of the hawks, eagles, falcons, kites, vultures and owls found in the Northeast
- Organized for efficient use – species organized by group, then size from smallest to largest
- Fact-filled information – accessible for beginners but informative for more experienced birders
- Stunning photos – professional-quality sharpness and detail
- Stan’s Notes – naturalist information and interesting gee-whiz facts not found in other guides
- Quick-Compare section – sketches, silhouettes and photos for side-by-side comparisons
About the Author: Naturalist, wildlife photographer and writer Stan Tekiela is the originator of the popular state-specific field guide series. Stan has authored more than 190 educational books, including field guides, quick guides, nature books, children’s books, playing cards and more, presenting many species of animals and plants. With a Bachelor of Science degree in Natural History from the University of Minnesota and as an active professional naturalist for more than 30 years, Stan studies and photographs wildlife throughout the United States and Canada. He has received various national and regional awards for his books and photographs. Also a well-known columnist and radio personality, his syndicated column appears in more than 25 newspapers, and his wildlife programs are broadcast on a number of Midwest radio stations. Stan can be followed on Facebook and Twitter.
There are no reviews yet.