It’s a long way down. Will they jump?
If you were born high up in a tree, would you jump to the ground? That’s what Wood Ducks are supposed to do, but three little ducklings aren’t so sure. Mama Wood Duck calls for them to come, but her babies just won’t budge! Will they find their courage when Mama tells them all about a Wood Duck’s wonderful life?
Internationally recognized children’s author Marion Dane Bauer weaves a delightful tale that’s both quirky and cute, while acclaimed nature photographer Stan Tekiela brings the story to life with engaging photographs of Wood Ducks in action. Stan and Marion’s first three picture books are all award winners, and Jump, Little Wood Ducks is another heartwarming story, based on Wood Duck behavior.
- Full-color photos of real animals
- Engaging text to interest young readers
- Fun facts about the natural world
- Language: English
- Publisher: Adventure Publications
- Author: Marion Dane Bauer
- Publication date: April 2017
- Grade level: Preschool – 3
- Reading age: 3 – 8
- Pages: 32
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 0.5 x 8.1 inches