Bird Seed and Food
The Bird House carries a range of high-quality food items to delight your backyard friends. You may choose from one of our popular blends, select a specialized seed, seed cakes, suet, mealworms or nectar. Food choices are available in a variety of sizes. Bagged seed from one pound to 50 pounds are in stock. You might want to look at a bird-feeding chart to assist with your food selection: bird-feeding chart.
- Seed Blends: our seed blends are made exclusively for us with fresh, natural ingredients. Made to our specifications, these blends do not contain the junk-food fillers you will see at the “big box” stores. Bag sizes are all 20 pounds, and we also sell blends in smaller quantities. We fully guarantee the quality of the seed you will purchase at the Bird House, and your birds will thank you!
- Deluxe contains black oil sunflower seeds, striped sunflower, safflower and millet
- Cardinal Elite has black oil sunflower seeds, striped sunflower, safflower and sunflower hearts
- Chickadee contains black oil sunflower, striped sunflower, peanut pick outs, sunflower hearts and safflower
- Critter is a mix of black oil sunflower seeds, striped sunflower, whole corn, peanuts in the shell, and peanut pick outs
- Field and Forest contains black oil sunflower seeds, cracked corn, white and red millet and oyster shell grit
- Neat Treat is a blend of sunflower chips, peanut hearts and cracked corn
- Woodpecker blend contains peanut pick outs, dried raisins and cherries, shelled pumpkin seeds, striped sunflower, black oil sunflower, whole corn, almonds, pistachios, cashews and pecans
- Special Finch is a blend of red and white millet and nyjer seed.
- Individual, single-seed foods are offered in weights from one pound to 50 pounds. Most popular are our black oil sunflower seed, sunflower hearts, peanuts and nyjer seed. Other varieties include: cracked corn, whole corn, ear corn, white millet, peanuts in the shell, safflower, striped sunflower, sunflower hearts and peanut pick outs.
- Suet and Seed Cakes Providing suet is an easy way to feed birds, and is an important source of energy for them during the cold winter months. The Bird House offers a wide selection of suet and seed cakes in different sizes for your feathered friends. We carry over 20 varieties of suet, which run the gamut from peanut treats, “no melt” types, fruit-and-nut and even hot pepper flavors to deter the squirrels. Sizes include:
- Large, block-style
- Standard-size 5” cake
- Specialized rectangle cakes for special feeders
- Log jammer, designed to be placed in a log feeder
- Mealworms Mealworms are available seasonally, live or freeze-dried. Mealworms are a great way to attract bluebirds!
- Nectar The Bird House carries a convenient nectar solution, which dissolves in water and can be made in advance and stored. This solution contains the valuable minerals required to meet birds’ nutritional needs. We carry nectar for orioles, hummingbirds and butterflies.